Special Topics Workshop
TSTCM scheduled to offer six one-day workshops (10am to 6pm) during the summer term. These workshops provide applicable and practical knowledge and enriched skills that are directly related to clinical practice in special areas:
- May 12 Sunday Pulse and Tongue Diagnosis Bodhi Batista, R.AC
- May 24 Friday TCM for Beauty Linda Tang, R.TCMP
- May 31 Friday TCM for Weight Loss Linda Tang, R.TCMP
- June 7 Friday Facial Acupuncture Linda Tang, R.TCMP
- July 21 Sunday Communicating a Diagnosis Bodhi Batista, R.Ac
- TBD Practical Needling Technique Mary Wu, R.TCMP
$200 for each workshop
Please email email@example.com or call 416-782-9682 to register. Payment can be made by credit card or interact. Registrations are taken on a first come, first serve basis. Register early to avoid disappointment.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Cancellations made two weeks prior to the workshop will result in a $50 cancellation fee. There is no refund if cancellation is made within two weeks of the workshop.
Participants are issued 8 hour credits for each workshop completed.
Pulse and Tongue Diagnosis
May 12, 2019
Pulse and tongue diagnosis are unique diagnostic methods composed of thousands of years of ancient wisdom and practical techniques. They serve as essential evidence for accurate syndrome differentiation and effective treatments. Yet, most practitioners are confused about the pulses reading and tongue observation.
This workshop will provide you with a simple, easy to understanding and practical training about how to take the pulses and identify the tongue appearances, and how to interpret their clinical significances while reviewing the contents of pulse and tongue diagnosis.
Instructor: Bodhi Batista R.Ac
Bodhi is an educator, motivator and a healer for people of all ages. He graduated with an Acupuncture Diploma from Toronto School of Traditional Chinese Medicine, honor degree in Sociology and Kinesiology from the University of Western Ontario, and certificate in Medical Qigong. He combines body mind and spirit in his practice and his teaching to help people to live healthier lives.
- The difference between east and west approaches to pulse diagnosis
- The first contact with patient
- What should a healthy pulse feel like
- The 28 qualifies
- Hands on practice
- A mental snapshot of the tongue
- A health tongue appended
- The ten pathological shapes of tongue body
- The five pathological colours
- The moisture of the tongue coatings
- Interactive practice
Upon the completion of this workshop, participants will acquire practical and applicable hands-on experiences with more knowledge and better understanding of the pulse and tongue diagnosis which will be beneficial for future practice.